Setting up a Nighthawk router is a perfect way to access a lightning-fast internet in every corner of the home. But, like any other technical device, it is also susceptible to certain issues. And, one of the most common issues that Netgear users face with their router is that it keeps disconnecting.
If you are also facing the same issue, then walk through this article. The troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article will help you in resolving this issue. Continue reading.
Reasons Why Nighthawk Router Keeps Disconnecting
Before you delve into the troubleshooting tips to resolve the issue, let’s find out the prime reasons behind it. Doing so will make it easier for you to fix the issue.
Following are the reasons why your Nighthawk router keeps disconnecting:
- You have placed your Netgear Nighthawk router at an incorrect location.
- The connection between your WiFi router and the modem is not secure.
- Your Nighthawk router is operating on an outdated firmware.
- You haven’t set up your Netgear Nighthawk router properly.
Now, let’s discuss how to fix the issue by implementing the following troubleshooting tips:
Fixed: Nighthawk Router Keeps Disconnecting
- Relocate Your WiFi Router
The position of your Nighthawk WiFi router plays an important role in its performance. And, its incorrect placement is one of the prime reasons behind the router keeps disconnecting issue. Therefore, check if the router is placed correctly. Refer to the following points while doing so:
- Place your Nighthawk router in a clean and well-ventilated area.
- Place your WiFi router away from devices and reflexive surfaces like Bluetooth speakers, microwave ovens, refrigerators, baby monitors, mirrors, fish tanks, etc.
- Remember that placing your router near the corners or concrete walls can also affect its performance. Therefore, it is recommended to keep your WiFi router away from both.
- Secure the Connection Between WiFi Devices
Another reason behind the Nighthawk router keeps disconnecting issue is that there is an insecure connection between the router and modem. Thus, establish a strong and secure connection between them. You can connect both devices using an Ethernet cable for a strong connection.
- Update the Firmware
If the aforementioned troubleshooting tips failed to work for you, then chances are that your Nighthawk router might be running on an outdated firmware. An outdated firmware can prevent your WiFi router from connecting to the internet. Therefore, it is advised to keep the firmware of your router updated. If you are unfamiliar with how to perform firmware update, follow the steps given below:
Note: Before proceeding with the firmware update process, you need to download the firmware update file on your PC.
- Plug your Nighthawk router into a wall outlet and turn it on. Don’t proceed until the power LED glows green.
- Now, turn on your PC or laptop and open your favorite web browser. It is recommended to use an updated version of the web browser to avoid any hassle while performing firmware update.
- Go to the address bar of the web browser and type routerlogin.net in it. Once done, press the Enter key.
- Now, log in to your router by filling in the default username and password and clicking the Log in button.
- Pressing the Log In button will redirect you to the Basic Home screen. Now, go to the Administration option under the Advanced menu and select the Firmware update option.
- Browse the firmware update file you downloaded. Once found, click the Upload button. As soon as you click the Upload button, the firmware update will start.
If you are unable to log in to your Nighthawk router by accessing routerlogin.net, then try using the 192.168.1.1 IP.
- Perform Netgear Router Setup Properly
If your Nighthawk router still keeps disconnecting, chances are that you might have performed an improper router setup. Therefore, restore your Nighthawk router to factory default settings and reconfigure it by accessing the Nighthawk router login page.
This was all about how you can resolve the Nighthawk router keeps disconnecting issue. We hope that you found this article helpful. By following the troubleshooting tips discussed in this article, you will not only be able to fix the issue but also enhance its performance.