Ending one tenancy and moving to a new one can be a stressful task. Moreover, getting your bond amount back can add more stress to your shifting concerns. But as we know that bond amount can be received back only when you leave your rented property in the better or at least the same condition it was before you moved in. That condition includes the cleanliness, property maintenance, and repairs if anything is damaged. Your property manager or landlord has the right to hold on to your bond amount if the condition doesn’t satisfy them.
So, consider hiring a professional end of tenancy cleaning in Sydney is one of the best decisions to make to take you out from the moving out stress.
Here are a few tips for an end of tenancy cleaning which will increase the chances of getting your deposited bond amount back.
Know The Expectations
To ensure the safety of the bond back, it is important to understand the expectations. Make sure you read the end of the tenancy agreement carefully as it will make you understand the exact activities which are required to be performed for the full return of the bond amount. And based on it, you can get your property cleanliness done. Hire expert cleaning professionals if required.
Kitchen Handling Is Crucial
Always start from the kitchen, after all, it could be the toughest room to clean. So, when you are fresh and starting your cleaning process; it’s good to start from the kitchen. Once decided, remove all the stuff from your kitchen and make it empty because it would be easier to clean. Start removing all the dishes, and also clean the store food from the shelves and cooktop. Make sure to clean the following things in your kitchen.
- Surfaces including fridge, cupboards, and drawers
- Soak the fridge shelves in soapy water
- Defrost the refrigerator and freezer
- Wipe the dishwasher and washing machine
- Clean the microwave, oven & BBQ
- Removal of limescale build-up on tiles and taps using vinegar
- Windows (Inside and outside)
- Cooktop and range hood
After the kitchen, the washroom is also one of the toughest places to clean as thorough and hygienic cleaning is required. So, polishing and deep cleaning of the washroom is a must. The washroom cleaning includes-
- Scrubbing and thorough cleaning of the bathtubs, sinks, mirrors, shower, floor, and tiles
- Don’t forget to clean limescale buildup or mould around your taps and grouting
- Drain cleaning-check the plug holes and drains
- Dispose of old shampoo or shower gel bottles
- Cleaning of cabinets
- Hygienic cleaning of toilet
- Scrubbing, washing and sweeping on the floors
Deep Inside Cleaning
A professional end of tenancy cleaning in Sydney will go deep inside cleaning. A thorough cleaning of the nooks and crannies inside the living rooms and bedrooms are helpful to get your bond amount back without any deductions.
- Cleaning of behind and underneath the furniture
Insides of cupboards
- Cleaning of light fittings, curtain rails, and shades
- Polish the inside of windows
- Cleaning of skirting and polish handles or door knobs
Do An Inspection Thoroughly
Make sure to do an inspection carefully and thoroughly, it is important to do to ensure that you have not missed cleaning or repairing anything. So, when you or your professional cleaners are done with the cleaning, leave it for some time and then come back to check thoroughly with fresh eyes.
Ensure having a clean cloth in your hand so that you can wipe down any dust and finger marks if it exists. In addition to this, make sure all the stubborn stains are cleared and disposed of.
The Bottom Line
To ensure the safety of the bond amount, consider hiring professional end of lease cleaners to clean your rented property thoroughly. Moreover, we are hoping that the above-mentioned tips will help you to make your cleaning productive.