Amazon’s immense popularity has transformed the eCommerce world. Here are some interesting Amazon stats that you need to know as a seller/buyer:
1. 55% of customers Start their online shopping searches from Amazon
2. 90% shoppers price check Amazon’s product offerings
3. Amazon has 300 million active users
4. More than 50% of Amazon’s sales are generated by third-party sellers
5. Over 140,000 third-party sellers exceeded $100,000 in their annual sales
6. In 2018, third-party sellers on Amazon sold 56% of their units.
7. Seller-service revenues account for Amazon’s second-biggest revenue segment
8. In 2020, Amazon made approximately 80.5 billion dollars in third-party seller services
9. 60% of the bestsellers focus on selling products from the Home & Kitchen category
10. According to Statista, in March 2019, Amazon app ranks as the most popular shopping app in the U.S
11. Amazon App has 145.2 million active mobile users
12. According to Good E-Reader, Kindle Unlimited has a monthly subscriber base of 1 million people and Prime Reading has over 5 million monthly subscribers
How much do Amazon sellers make?
There are a number of different methods for selling on Amazon, but the most common is Amazon’s Fulfillment-by-Amazon (FBA) program. As you can imagine, selling on Amazon will involve some expenses and fees on the seller’s part; however, what makes Amazon FBA so appealing is that it simplifies that for sellers, allowing them to focus on sourcing new products and growing their business.
Simply put, you choose a product, get it to Amazon’s warehouses, set up your Amazon listing, and then sit back and watch as your product sells itself. Here’s how it works:
You choose a product from Alibaba or elsewhere
You ship this product to an Amazon warehouse
You create a listing for the product on Amazon
Someone buys your product
Amazon sends the package to your customer for you
The total number of sellers on Amazon.com in 2015 was 2,300,000. Of those, 300,000 are ‘Pro Merchants’ who make at least $100,000/year in sales.
How much can you make selling on amazon, Most Amazon sellers make at least $1,000 per month in sales.
Some super-sellers make upwards of $250,000 each month in sales – that amounts to $3 million in annual sales!
Nearly half (44%) of Amazon sellers make from $1,000-$25,000/month, which could mean annual sales from $12,000-$300,000.
One in five makes $25,000-$250,000/month, amounting to annual sales between $300,000 and $3 million
Another 6% make more than $250,000 in monthly sales.
Only 26% of sellers make under $1,000/month in sales.